Watch out for deadly water hemlock

Water hemlock is one of the deadliest poisonous plants in North America. It is important to learn how to identify it visually -- if you mistake water hemlock for a look-alike plant such as water parsnip or sharp-tooth angelica, you can be accidentally poisoned. Leaves of the water hemlock (photo by L Duncan) The Douglas’s water hemlock (Cicuta douglasii) is the most toxic plant found in the Kimberley Nature Park. All parts of this plant are poisonous, but the roots are especially lethal. Following ingestion the toxin, cicutoxin, affects the body's central nervous system causing seizures, delirium, nausea, convulsions, abdominal pain and vomiting. Even a small mouthful can kill an adult, and

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square

Find Us

  • Black Facebook Icon

Our Website Sponsors

© 2017 - 2019 by Kimberley Nature Park Society. Proudly created by Suite-Apps.com